So my wife has been babywearing for 2 1/2 years now and used numerous types of carriers: wraps, slings, and a few soft structured carriers like the Bjorn and Ergo. Each style of carrier has it’s pros and cons and each works best for different carrying methods.
So this particular carrier is a soft structured carrier, meaning it wears similar to a backpack, and has buckles and padded straps. You can position the baby on your back, like a backpack, or in the front.
Some of the Pros of this carrier:
– It is a very comfortable carrier to wear, very minimal stress on your back, and to the baby.
– The back is slightly higher so it offers more support for smaller babies allowing for carrying when they are napping.
– It seems very secure when fastened. The buckles lock and do not feel loose at all.
– The material is very soft and breathable. The ventilation helps keep it much cooler than other similar style carriers
– Has a hood that can be attached/removed.
– the strap across the back is a touch short.
– You need 2 hands to unfasten the waist. Not a bad thing because it’s extra secure but you have to set baby down and can’t remove it one handed.
So while I do love the design and look for this carrier, due to the weight limit I was unfortunately to worried to place our 30 lbs son inside for fear it would not hold him. We will be having our friends over and will let you know how it holds with their newest bundle of joy so make sure you subscribe for updates coming soon!
You can click here to purchase your own Veenev Baby Carrier on Amazon!